British Blind Sport Event Terms and Conditions & Volunteer Agreement
These terms and conditions must be read and approved by the applicant or a parent/guardian (if the applicant is under 18 years old) by ticking the box below.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
In order to ensure that activities are adequately staffed we need full and accurate information about all volunteers. Declaring any additional needs will enable us to put appropriate support in place. Please note we reserve the right to ask a volunteer to leave the event/opportunity if the information given proves inaccurate or the conduct of the volunteer reaches an unacceptable level.
a. I/the applicant confirm that this form has been completed accurately and have declared all the support needed. I/the applicant undertake to update British Blind Sport's designated persons should any information contained on the form or personal circumstances change.
b. In the event of an emergency/accident, the individual listed in the emergency contact details will be made responsible for making a decision on any emergency dental, medical or surgical treatment, which may include the use of anaesthetics, as considered necessary by the medical authorities present.
c. Your information will be held by British Blind Sport in accordance with General Data Protection Regulations 2018. Some of the information will also be used to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of our service against agreed outcomes. The information will be input into a central database and used to produce anonymous reports. You will be asked to complete evaluations post volunteer role to help us evaluate the service offered, & better understand the needs of volunteers and influence future volunteer service developments.
British Blind Sport will:
- Answer any questions you may have, and deal with any problems
- Ensure all opportunities are well organised, with a good standard of health and safety and good practice in volunteer management.
- Provide access to training and learning opportunities where required.
- Protect your personal information and not share it with any third party without your permission.
- Remove your details from the database and no longer contact you if you ask to leave British Blind Sport's volunteer service.
You will agree to:
- Follow health & safety procedures as appropriate and to attend training as required.
- Keep in contact with the event organiser and/or volunteer coordinator and immediately report any problems to the designated person or volunteer coordinator.
- Contact your designated person if you are no longer able to attend an event or opportunity.
- Perform your volunteering role to the best of your ability and behave responsibly at all times during your volunteer role.
- Follow procedures and standards of British Blind Sport as set out in the volunteer handbook, including health and safety and equal opportunities, in relation to its staff, volunteers and participants.
- Inform British Blind Sport when you no longer wish to be a member of the volunteer service.
This agreement is not legally binding. It can be cancelled at any time by either of us.